Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Twin Eagle Transport LLC - Mechanics
- Midland, TX, USA
- Full Time
Twin Eagle Transport, LLC is looking for a dependable, experienced Maintenance Supervisor to handle the duties and responsibilities of keeping up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will manage maintenance staff in the Delaware Basin who perform truck repairs and preventative maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
• Supervise and train maintenance staff (currently approximately 10 mechanics in Jal, NM and Pecos, TX)
• Oversee and perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers
• Ensure regular preventative maintenance on service trucks, including inspections, tire rotation and oil changes
• Manage the shop locations to ensure our facilities are clean, organized, and efficient
• Review and maintain accurate records of each repair performed in assigned shops
• Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Will be subject to the Company's on-going random drug testing program
• Must have own tools
• Must have at least 5 years' experience working as a diesel mechanic
• Expert level knowledge of: Cummings Insight, Eaton Service Ranger, Paccar ESA, Meritor Tool Box software programs; Bendix ABS systems; HVAC systems
• High level knowledge of: Titan Bird Feeder and Garnet level monitoring systems, including certification on Titan; experience with crude tankers, Roper pumps, and two-line wet kit systems
• Cat C15 and ISX15 experience
• Knowledge of electrical and air brakes, including certification of training on ABS systems
• Willing to repair tires and lift 75 lbs.
• Have ability to follow company safety procedures
• ASE Certifications preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include the following:
• Supervision of assigned shops and maintenance staff (currently for two locations), including shift scheduling for staff to meet operational needs
• Review and approve timecards for maintenance staff
• Performs and assists in the preventative maintenance of automobiles, trucks, trailers (light and heavy equipment); inspects, services, greases and lubricates automotive parts and equipment; replaces and repairs tires; changes oils and filters; adjusts brakes and services batteries.
• Performs service calls; identifies and documents defects and performance related deficiencies; completes inspection sheets to inform other mechanics of problems, progress and parts used; assists other fleet maintenance staff in the completion of work activities; cleans and organizes fleet maintenance shop.
• Oversee work completed at third party shop to ensure accurate and timely completion of repairs
• Other duties and projects as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Handle extreme hot and cold temperatures
• Lift and Carry Large Tools
• Lift up to 40 lbs. - 80 lbs. occasionally
May be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature, weather and outside environment extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays en-route and other stresses and fatigues related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather.