Field Safety Specialist - Transportation
- - Twin Eagle Transport LLC
- Midland, TX, USA
- Full Time
This role will be responsible for recognizing and evaluating potential safety hazards in the field and for implementing control measures that are designed to eliminate or mitigate potential for illness, injury, and property damage resulting from human error, equipment operations, and machine operations. This role will serve as a safety and environment resource for field employees. Will support and drive a culture that embraces safety, recognizes hazards and will ensure that a safety environment is provided and maintained for all field employees.
Must have knowledge of conditions that affect the employee safety under normal conditions and conditions that occur in crisis situations; identifying conditions that might cause health or safety hazards and takes immediate action to remove such hazards; understanding all aspects of providing a safe environment. Duties include, but not limited to the following;
Safety and Environmental Compliance
Role will ensure that all employees' working in a safe manner and that they use all protective devices and procedures required. Other duties include, but not limited to;
- Will observe employees to ensure all duties are performed in safety manner according to Twin Eagle standards. Will observe equipment to ensure proper safety and functionality.
- Will audit the day-to-day performance of field personnel to ensure safety and environment compliance to Twin Eagle and Customer Operating Rules, Safe Operating Procedures, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCA), OSHA, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and to verify training effectiveness.
- Conduct physical inspections of equipment and work sites, and inspect the qualifications and certifications of observed employees to verify they are following the company and customer requirements.
- Plan, organize, and schedule inspections and efficiency tests of work areas, equipment, and field personnel.
- Keep apprised of new rules, regulations, special bulletins, and emergency orders that affect company operations. Assist in interpreting and applying the changes efficiently.
Safety and Environmental Management
- Gathering and analysis process for safety compliance issues, incidents, safety audits, and efficiency testing.
- Identify deficiencies and make recommendation compliance based safety and environmental training opportunities. Suggest and assist with incorporating changes in the testing process.
- Conduct physical inspections of the work site and equipment and inspect qualifications, certifications while observing employees to verify they are in meeting Twin Eagle compliance standards.
- Work closely with other agencies personnel to determine root causes for failures and recommend corrective actions.
- Attend and participate in safety committee meetings and employee seminars related to safety and environment issues.
- Collaborate with safety specialists and other compliance officers on safety and environment improvement initiatives.
- HS Diploma/Equivalent
- Minimum (2) years safety experience
- Will travel up to 80%
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment.
Preferred Safety Credentials a plus, but not mandatory;
Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships: PEC Safe land/Safe gulf Instructor, H2S, CPR & First Aid, Hazmat/Hazcom /GHS, Confined Space, OSHA 10, Risk Management, DOT, knowledge and experience.
American National Standard for Safety and Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (ANSI Z-10) knowledge and experience.